Monday, July 15, 2013

Psalm 86:12-13; 15-16 I will praise Thee, O Lord, my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify Thy Name for evermore. For great is Thy mercy toward me: and Thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell. But Thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, long-suffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth. O turn unto me, and have mercy upon me; give Thy strength unto Thy servant, and save the son of Thine handmaid


July 15

I will praise Thee, O Lord, my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify Thy Name for evermore. For great is Thy mercy toward me: and Thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell. But Thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, long-suffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth. O turn unto me, and have mercy upon me; give Thy strength unto Thy servant, and save the son of Thine handmaid. — Psalm 86:12-13; 15-16

Prayer: "I will praise you, Lord my God, with all my heart" Psalm 86:12
Photo: Shutterstock
OUR Heavenly Father, we bow before Thee humbly, reverently, and thankfully, for Thou art great and holy and good. Forgive our sins for Jesus' sake, and by Thy Holy Spirit take away our love of sinning that we may be willing and able to do Thy will. Make our home life strong in truth and righteousness, and beautiful with love, and courtesy and cheerfulness. May these children, like Jesus, increase in wisdom and in favor with God and man. We thank Thee for the gift of life. May we all lay hold on eternal life, which also is Thy gift. Show us our work, and make us faithful. Make us unselfish, and so helpful to the weak, the tempted, the sorrowing, the discouraged, and the lost. Bless our country with righteousness. Bring men to the new brotherhood in Christ, and clothe Thy church with power, that the Gospel may be preached, and Thy Kingdom hastened, through Jesus Christ, our Lord.
Amen.

Prof. J. H. Farmer, LL.D.,

Toronto, Canada


No comments:

Post a Comment