Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Psalm 119:97-98+101-102 O, how love I Thy law! it is my meditation all the day. Thou through Thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies; for they are ever with me. I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep Thy Word. I have not departed from Thy judgments: for Thou has taught me


July 23

O, how love I Thy law! it is my meditation all the day. Thou through Thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies; for they are ever with me. I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep Thy Word. I have not departed from Thy judgments: for Thou has taught me. — Psalm 119: 97-98; 101-102

Prayer: "Oh, how I love your law! I meditate on it all day long" Psalm 119:97
Photo: Shutterstock
OUR Father in Heaven, we thank Thee for the blessings of another day. Thy mercy is great toward us. May the sense of Thy presence be realized in each hour, and in the performance of every duty. We thank Thee for Thy word, a lamp to our feet, a guide to our path. Reveal Thy will to us through it, and enlighten us by Thy Holy Spirit, we pray Thee in Jesus' Name Almighty God! before Whom every knee must bow, we pray Thee on behalf of those who in Christian countries, are living without Thee, in rebellion against Thee, and bowing down their lives to worship according to the work of man, or any temptation of the evil one. Prosper, we pray Thee, the efforts of Thy servants who are "set apart" for the "ministry of the Word," and especially of those who are being used to let the light shine in the darkness of heathenism. Hear us as we pray on behalf of suffering humanity! Bless the innocent who suffer with the guilty, and grant us all Thy peace this day. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

Rev. H. W. Wright, B.A.,

Smith Falls, Ontario, Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment